Pony Tales 3-6-5 (The auction is this Friday!)

It was a bitter cold day here as forecast. While the swelling in Gunner’s legs went down, the swelling in his manhood did not. It was immediately decided that he needed to go someplace warm until the antibiotics could fully work their magic. While this was getting figured out, we consulted with three veterinary clinics and worked out a solid course of action. He is now in a barn that will not go below freezing as ours will during this frigid cold, is continuing on the anti-inflammatories, and most of the blood work has come back supporting the initial thought that it is an infection causing the issues. This is GOOD news and we are guardedly optimistic. With a new volunteer out for a “tour” today, she was quickly thrown into what is often a day in the life here at Pony Tales. What is expected to be a quiet day, often turns into quite the opposite. Not sure if she’ll be back…. Lol. But, we do hope she will be!

We received more good news that Ms. Sarabi is NOT in foal as previously “diagnosed” (or so we were told). This is very good news as our team can now fully get to working with her without worrying about potential baby on board. Nala, on the other hand, is getting bigger and bigger by the day. We suspect it will not be long before her baby arrives and we continue to just hope and pray that the weather will be on her side when the time comes.

With everything worked out and things moving forward with the horses currently here, it was time to get back to fundraising for the horses out there at risk this Friday. The auction will be over in less than 48 hours. We have raised enough to save 2 horses from slaughter. We will have 2 trailers with us that will be able to carry 6-8 horses, but we are keeping our goal realistic at saving 5. We can only save as many as funds allow us to responsibly care for, but we WILL save as many as absolutely possible with the funds raised. If we are able to save 8, we will do just that.

We understand this is a tough time of year for many, but it is also a time of year when many are getting their tax returns back. Please consider even just $5, less than the cost of lunch nowadays, and help save a horse from slaughter. We cannot help them without you and time is running short. Please. Give Now.

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LP67KNHKAWYDS&source=url

Credit Card: https://ponytalesrefuge.org/donate/

Mail: Pony Tales Refuge: 4398 130th Avenue, Colfax, WI 54730

Phone: 877-766-9857

Thank you all! No amount is ever too small!