Pony Tales Refuge is hosting this Low-Cost Surrender Event to give horse owners the option to surrender a horse for Low-Cost* with no questions asked. No horse will be refused, no matter its condition.
We have 3 goals:
1. Prevent horses from ending up in the wrong hands.2. Help adoptable horses find loving homes.3. Prevent needless suffering of horses that need the last act of kindness, but their owners cannot afford the high cost of euthanasia.
All surrendered horses will be evaluated for quality of life by a licensed veterinarian. Adoptable horses will be placed into our adoption program. Horses can be brought in from out of state, please make sure you have the proper paperwork for traveling across state lines with your horse.
When: Entire month of November 2020: M-W-F 10am - 3pm. Other days/times by appointment only
Where: Pony Tales Refuge - 4398 130th Avenue, Colfax, Wisconsin 54730
If you have a horse you are planning on surrendering, please submit the form below.
If you do not have a way of transporting your horse to the surrender event, please contact us for transportation information
*If you are bringing a horse from out of state (ie MN, MI, IL), they MUST come with a current/valid Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. If you do not have this, we cannot accept the horse under any circumstances. WI state law.*
1. I cannot transport my horse(s). Is transport available?
Yes. We can provide you with a list of transporters that have signed up to transport for people on that day. However, it is your responsibility to arrange the transportation at your expense and the cost is up to each individual transporter. Neither Pony Tales nor Horse Plus receive any of the transport funds.
2. I have arranged for transportation, but will not be able to be there. How do I pay the surrender fee and complete necessary paperwork?
If you are using a transporter to bring your horse(s) to the event, you will need to fill out and sign the Surrender Form and send it with the transporter. In addition, due to the fact that you will not be attending personally, you will need to send with the transporter cash or money order only in an amount equal to $150 per horse.
3. I would like to offer my services as a transporter. Who do I contact?
If you would like to help with transport for the horses that need it, please email us at email@example.com to get on our list.
4. I cannot bring my horse M-W-F between 10am and 3pm. Can I bring them at another time?
Yes. Other days and times can be arranged for you to bring your horse. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time.
5. I do not have a horse to surrender, but I would love to come out and help with anything that may need to be done. Can I do that?
Help is certainly welcome, but please email us at email@example.com to sign up as a volunteer.
6. I have a 501c3 equine rescue and would like to help some of the horses surrendered. How can I get involved?
If you are a 501c3 equine rescue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on becoming an adoption partner at this event.
7. I cannot attend in person, but I would like to help with a donation. How can I do so?
Donations are always welcome, especially with the high cost of an event like this, and can be made in numerous ways:
Through the Donate button at the top of our Facebook page. (Facebook gives 100% of donated funds to us).
Via PayPal at email@example.com. (If you click Friends and Family, PayPal gives 100% of the funds to us).
Via credit card: https://ponytalesrefuge.org/donate/?fbclid=IwAR2rr0z_jEWp7GCjis9ROtHUq-ppRsL-6zFSM9c7_8Vb_JCbCdXpIZvCpV4
By telephone: 877-766-9857
By mail to: Pony Tales Refuge, 4398 130th Avenue, Colfax, WI 54730